The Simple Truth
Most people go to the doctor because they think they have something they shouldn’t have and want to get rid of. But over the years, we chiropractors have come to understand that the problem when you aren’t feeling well is NOT that you have something you shouldn’t have and need to get rid of; the problem is really that you have LOST something you need to be healthy and happy. You see HEALTH (also called “EASE”) is your natural state! If you are experiencing anything other than ease, it is usually because you have simply LOST something that is necessary for you to maintain ease health. Understanding this very simple truth will not only help you get the most out of your chiropractic care, it will also help you and your family to keep growing stronger and healthier for the rest of your lives!
Let’s begin helping you understand this by looking at how your body really works. There are three things you need to know in order to move consistently toward health, wellness and wholeness.
1) Every day, your body either gets a little stronger or a little weaker.
2) In order to get stronger instead of weaker each day, you must have a clear neurological CONNECTION between your brain and your body.
3) In order to have a clear connection between your brain and your body and keep growing stronger every day, your spine must be properly aligned and functioning normally (because of the intimate connections between your spine and nerve system).
If you understand these three things, you can also understand that if you lose normal alignment or function in your spine, you will also partially lose the CONNECTION between your brain and your body. This is very important because without proper communication, you lose the ability to purposefully ORGANIZE all of the various parts of your body to work together harmoniously and with EASE. In other words, you get a little weaker rather than stronger each day and you gradually LOSE your natural state of health/ease.
Chiropractic has only ONE GOAL, which can be summed up in what we call “The 3 R’s.” Our goal is to;
1) Help Restore and maintain alignment and function in your spine, in order to…
2) Re-establish and maintain the neurological CONNECTIONS between your brain and your body, so that…
3) You can Resume purposefully ORGANIZING all of the parts of your body to work harmoniously together and consistently grow stronger and healthier every day.
And, as you continue growing stronger and healthier every day, you will move consistently from wherever you are right now toward first regaining your natural state of health (EASE), and then keep on moving toward wellness and ultimately into what we call wholeness.
So as we said before, the problem is NOT that you have something you shouldn’t have and need to get rid of; the problem is that you have LOST something you need to be healthy and happy. HEALTH is your natural state, and if you are experiencing anything other than ease, it is usually because you have LOST your CONNECTION…and our job is very simply…to help you get it back and keep it for Life!